Friday, May 23, 2008

9 days of the unknown...

Well.... I have been convinced by someone I know, that a cleansing would do me a world of good. So, the next 9 days will be very revealing, if you know what I mean. I am looking forward to this time of introspection. God has been pressing on me for oh, about a year, on my eating issues. I use food for comfort, for control and for distraction. Pretty much for everything that food wasnt meant for us. In other words... a substitute for the one thing that will really make things better and that will satisfy me... God. I am reading some great biblically based books about food issues. Love to Eat, Hate to Eat and Lose it for Life. One of our pastors did a two part series last year on gluttony and referenced these books. They are phenomenal. My journey with God is taking another turn, and I am praying that God will use this cleansing as a way to clear my mind and body in preparation for worshipping Him rather than worshipping food. If you dont have food sin issues, this probably makes NO sense to you at all. But if you do... then you feel my pain. Struggle well and struggle in the Spirit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andra-WOW! I am in the same situation and I know God has spoke to me about giving this obession with food over to Him. I pray for strength with this and yet havn't given it to him completely. I would love to get together and talk with you about this. Thank you for allowing me to view your blog. Rhonda