Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bootcamp results are in!

Well, the results are in. Today was the last day of bootcamp for me. 5 weeks of torture and foot pain has resulted in some very interesting numbers. I didn't lose a single pound (insert 4 day Sea World trip one week before weigh-in here) but I am still a loser.
I lost 3% body fat. I was able to do 27 pushups on the wall in a minute when I started, and 37 on my knees when I finished. And the greatest part was I lost 10.75 inches off by body! That tells me two important things. One, I may not have lost any weight but I now have a lot more muscle taking up space where the fat used to be. Two, that I had next to no muscle before I started. My poor body couldnt lose any weight, because I needed to make some muscle.
How was I even walking around before? So... anyone want to do it with me? It starts again on the 18th...

4 comments:

jen armstrong said...

go on sister! i'm so proud of you!!! i'm inspired enough not to eat ice cream tonight! thanks for that and keep up the hard work ;)

Melissa said...

You're awesome! I should do it with you, but I'm not ready to commit yet. :)

Kimmy said...

10.75 INCHES.......... !?!?!?!? That's awesome... way to go!

Kim said...

good for you!!!! i would do it with you if i were there...really..i'd find a way...i miss you.