Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Living life

Today was a fun day. The boys and I had some friends we hadn't seen in a loooong time over to our house. We all have something in common- one of each of our children has developmental delay. Anywhere from autism to tactily defensive to PDD. It was so easy to talk about our lives with the struggles we have faced over the last 2-3 years as we have walked the path separately. God is so kind to put people in our lives on the same journey as us that have had totally different experiences but can totally relate to our path. I think it is so easy to feel isolated and bewildered by all the uncertainties of knowing what is best for your child. I laughed and said there is no instruction manual for that, but in a way that isnt true. God has moved and directed us in lots of different ways. Obviously the Bible is full of wisdom and humble going to the Lord and saying, "I dont know what the heck I am doing and you are in control heere- help me out!" There has been a lot of that. And people. People have been so instrumental in helping us out. From the preschool director telling me about the monthly free screening, to a new friend giving me advice that has helped with her own recently Autism diagnosed son, we have had people guiding us through what seems to be unknown and scary territory. I have NEVER known anyone with autism. Now I know an adult man at my church, and 5 kids plus my own son with PDD- all within 9 months. How gracious is God that He has surrounded me with people who KNOW what our family is going through. And what is even better is that because I know that all things work for our good if we are in Christ, I know that our story will benefit others- it will all be worth it, because our journey will help other people navigate life- may I faithfully give God the credit for the growth in our lives and in others. Because, like I said, I dont have all the answers, but I know Who does.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

...isn't God so good to provide. From someone who knows a taste of what you're going through... I truly love those people in my life who can really understand and love us through it all... ~ kim